Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miniature Slice Cakes

Cakes! My first attempt at sliced cakes and I decided to make them colourful!

This was a lot of hard work! I had to do the base layer first followed by separate layers of pink, yellow and purple. I couldn't put the layers on top of each other and then slice them because I wanted the middle layer to have a creamy effect. And working with air dry clay means that I have to get things right the first time - when the clay dries, it would be hard to reshape it.

Here is the final presentation of the cakes. Hope you like them!

Email: ilovelittlethings@gmail.com
www.ilovelittlethings.etsy.com

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi! These cakes are very nice!
do you have any tutorials?
Please visit my blog at: emilyknowsgoodcrafts.blogspot.com

ilovelittlethings said...

Thank you Emily. :)

I don't have time to make a tutorial of this but may do so in future. Your blog does have very good tutorials!

May