Friday, October 7, 2011

Quarter Scale Cheesecakes

One of my lovely customers asked if I could make quarter scale cheesecakes and I immediately fell in love with the idea. While most of my fellow miniaturists in Singapore are indulging in 1:6, 1:4 and even 1:3 scale items, I went the opposite and did 1:48 scale. Maybe quarter scale items are out of fashion? Doesn't matter to me. I had so much fun making these tiny cheesecakes.

So there you go. A teeny weeny strawberry cheesecake posed with my husband's finger. My finger is too wrinkled to be pictured. *LOL* The cake measures only 1/4" inch across. No molds or cutters were used (erm... is penknife considered a cutter?). If you click on the pic, you can (hopefully) see the dots in the strawberries.


I like the blueberry cheesecake better, but the strawberry one seems more popular on my Etsy and Flickr.

I think there will be more quarter scale cakes to come! Maybe not cheesecakes but the sweeter flowery types of cakes. Meanwhile I'm working on a 1:12 prep board which suddenly looks gigantic to me now!

PS: Jennifer from plushpussycat - congratulations! You've won a surprise gift as mentioned in my previous entry. I'll contact you at your email shortly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so amazingly cute! I wonder what material you made them from?

Nina in Germany said...

Bravo!

mintwonderland said...

wow!! so cute!! i love the blueberry.

Plushpussycat said...

I'm so excited about winning a prize! Thank you so much! :-D

marc monserrat said...

uauuu!!!!